Saturday, January 22, 2011

Keeping me on my toes

Well I don't suppose you could call it a boring couple of days. Thursday after a visit from the lovely hospice nurse who sanctioned wine with relish we went off to lunch at our favourite Birmingham eatery, Simpson's. This was the venue for our memorable anniversary meal last February. This time we were testing for wheelchair compatability alongside all my other criteria. It fared quite well, you have to park in a special place and take a back entrance but it's little hardship and they were all lovely and as subtle as possible. Set lunch for £35 including wine and all sorts of bits and pieces was great value and absolutely delicious. I drank the lion's share of the wine and I put the slightly wobblier legs on return down to that. Visitors completed the rest of a lovely afternoon including Harry who wanted to check on every change we had made to the house and all about me not being able to walk, how did I go to bed , the loo etc. Good questions as it happened as by the time they had all gone I couldn't. Legs just went completely.

We somehow managed that evening but it was all very perilous and on Friday it got to crisis point. I had appointments to go to but couldn't get up off the chair at all. Couldn't get to the loo, couldn't do diddly squat that entailed standing up. So 999 call and back in hospital, bed ridden at the moment. Will have MRI scan today, yes a Saturday! And we will take it from there. Still hoping it's not permanent but they are delicate old nerves down there.

So it's all keeping me on my toes if only metaphorically.

2 comments:

  1. Hug, Jean. May you face each day in sunshine with love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Jean, I've been pretending I don't have cancer for a few months and so have been neither blogging myself nor checking your blog.

    But today I decided to peek at your status before going to work, and now I am all caught up with you. Holy Crap. Hang in there woman. The good thing is that you are still you, funny and biting, even if you are now rolling instead of walking.

    In North Carolina, people always want to pray for each other, and so when I mention that the lady in England with the same cancer as me is temporarily in a wheelchair, all my pals here will pray for you, which I hope is okay with you.

    ReplyDelete